This building dates to 1335.
It has a hall range with a two-phase cross wing. The earlier part of the cross wing is two-storied and of two bays.
A hall range with a two-phase cross wing. The earlier part of the cross wing is two-storeyed and of two bays. Its roof uses common rafters only, except that in the central truss and the hip truss a shorter inner principal rafter is pegged to the soffit of the common rafter and tenoned into the underside of the collar, creating compound diminished principal rafter; this clasps a side purlin to the collar. There are curved wind braces, dragon ties and possibly an applied jetty, as at Monk's Cottage, Odiham (Miles and Haddon-Reece 1996, VA 27). Evidence (including two truncated arcade plates and a number of ex situ rafters) survives for a hall integral with the earlier cross-wing. The hall was later reconstructed with a roof containing large principals with curved feet and tenoned purlins. A replacement principal rafter to this later roof (b) dated to 1776-1808. A solar cross wing with a refined crown-post roof has been added to the earlier cross wing on the same alignment (not suitable for sampling). Dating commissioned by the owner. (VA 38, 128).